Planer Operator – Sawmill
Salary: starting from $19 per hour
Full time 36.00 to 46.00 hours / week - Start date As soon as possible.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
- Experience an asset.
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Own transportation, public transportation is not available.
- Team player, Excellent oral communication
- Saw, trim and plane rough lumber into dressed lumber of various sizes
- Start conveyor system to move logs and lumber to and from saws
- Monitor logs and lumber movement to ensure cuts are made according to specifications
- Replace blades or bands
- Clean and lubricate sawmill equipment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive Tasks
- Physically Demanding
- Attention to Detail
- Standing for Extended Periods
- Bending, Crouching, Kneeling.
Weight Handling Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Pension plan benefits
- Vision care benefits